Gap Year First Aid
On our new first aid course qualified experienced staff will teach you:
Basic First Aid
- What to take away in your first aid kit
- How to manage an accident to your self or others
- How to assess a casualty
- How to deal with an unconscious casualty
- How and when to use the recovery position
- How to give CPR
- How to deal with choking
- How to deal with bleeding
- How to deal with head injuries
Travel Specific First Aid
- Medication you may like to take with you
- Dealing with snake bites and insect bites
- Avoiding malaria and other infectious diseases abroad
- Dealing with wounds from trekking, coral or fungal infections
- Optional Paediatric module for those working with children under 8
- During our one day course you will learn how to increase your personal safety in a practical session
under the guidance of an ex-met police officer
- Open questions.
All candidates will be able to practise their skills on resuscitation mannequins, apply bandages to each other and perfect the recovery position In different settings.
Use of videos, lots of photos and role play will keep the day lively and fun.
We run these courses throughout the UK and Kent at regular intervals. Please contact us for availability in your area.
For more information about this course please contact email@example.com for a booking form.
Please note there is no VAT payable on this course.