Assessor & Internal Quality Assurance Workshop
20th November 2015
The one day workshop equips trainers with the necessary skills to assess their own students, as well as being able to monitor and assess other trainers and their administration. It is suitable for trainers who have already attained the Level 3 PTLLS Award (QCF), but do not have the assessing qualification.
It has been developed to meet the requirements of Skills for Health, which is the Sector Skills Council that covers first aid. This workshop will future proof yourself past the October 2015 requirements as set out by Skill for Health.
This unique workshop has been approved by the appropriate regulatory bodies and satisfies the Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications as published and supported by the Sector Skills Council for Health and the HSE.
The training will
- Enable Instructors to assess their own delegates
- Enable Instructors to assess other instructors delegates
- Enable Instructors to monitor other First Aid instructors (Meeting their annual compliance)
Course fee includes:
- Delegate resources
- All Certification and Registration fees
- Subject training
- Suitably Qualified Lead Trainer
The workshop is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by the Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme. A range of subjects are covered that will enable you to understand:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Assessor(s)
- Principles of assessment
- The importance of the assessment cycle
- Audit trail and record keeping for QA purposes
- Provide an overview of the Awarding Organisation (AO) specific assessment approach/design
- Provide examples of AO assessment paperwork
- Guidance on how to prepare and complete assessments
- Practical exercises/activities on conducting first aid assessments of both practical and theory
- Roles and responsibilities of the Internal Quality Assurer and the External Quality Assurer
- Principles of internal quality assurance
- Observing first aid training activity and providing feedback
- Leading the standardisation process
- Provide an overview of the AO’s internal and external quality assurance approach/design/strategy/procedure
- Provide examples of AO internal quality assurance paperwork
- Practical exercises/activities on conducting first aid internal quality assurance
Certification - You will receive a CPD attendance certificate from First Aid Awards for this CPD event.