Peak Skills deliver first aid courses for young people undertaking Duke of Edinburgh ( D of E) & Community Sports Leader Awards (CSLA) depending on their requirements.
We also run tailored first aid courses within schools for student enrichment programmes. We can fit training into the school timetable on a single day or shorter sessions on a variety of days.
A certificate of attendance issued on completion of the course.
Cost £40 per candidate
Suggested course contents of 6 hour course:
• Action in an emergency – resuscitation, airway, breathing and circulation.
• Recognition and treatment of hypothermia and heatstroke.
• The treatment of wounds and bleeding.
• Treatment for shock.
• The treatment of blisters, cuts, abrasions, minor burns and scalds, headaches, insect bites, sunburn, splinters.
• The recognition of more serious conditions such as sprains, strains, dislocations and broken limbs.
• Knowing what to do in the case of an accident or emergency.
• Summoning help - what people need to know, telephoning for help, written message.
• Getting help, self-help and waiting for help to arrive, keeping safe and warm, helping people to find you.
Please note there is no VAT payable on this course.
Should you wish to offer students a shorter First Aid course we can deliver training in as little as 3 hours. Please get in touch with us to find out more!