Monday 16th March 9.30 – 16.30
Venue St Julian’s Underriver Cost £80
This fun course will give you all the information you need to safely carry out first aid to those you coach.
Course duration 6 hours.
Please wear tracksuit bottoms or comfortable clothes!
- Legal aspects of coaching and First Aid
- Contents of a First Aid Kit, what you can and cannot use.
- Managing an Incident
- · How to deal with an injury in a Sporting setting, what to do first, when to call an ambulance etc.
- ·Manage a Casualty
- ·Initial Assessment
- The unconscious casualty
- The casualty who is not breathing
- The casualty who is choking
- Bleeding and Shock
- Sprains, Strains and Dislocations
- Head Injuries
- Effects of Heat and Cold
- Spinal Recovery Position
- Demonstration of how a public Defibrillator works
- Q & A session